Monday 19 May 2014

FMP Week 7 : Studio Day 2

Aiming to brighten the speech within my recording.

Using a waves plugin Bass boost to emphasize the lower frequencies within the vocal range.



Adding phase distortion to my internal thought wave sound - intended to cause alarm, just as the sounds in 'The Village'


Day 2 Evaluation:

Today I further edited my sounds for the most emphatic of effects when the audience listens to the sound piece. I tried to brighten up the recording of the vocals used as they sound rather dull due to the recording. In hinsight the sounds could've been recorded with a better digital recorder, and perhaps distant management was also an issue. I am still not completely happy with my sounds but do not have time to keep recording new ones. I still believe all of my sounds are at a good standard however, and completion nears. Tom also suggested to me that I did not need the dialogue, so I have decided to create two versions; one with and one without. I am still leaning toward the version with dialogue however.

No comments:

Post a Comment