Monday 19 May 2014

FMP Week 3: Studio Day 3

Image courtesy of DeviantArt, inspired an idea for a story I created about Combat PTSD affecting an ex soldier in every day life.

Brainstorming metaphor, and useful visual & audio metaphors that can be used within story.

Idea breakdown and preliminary script. Story entitled "Old Wounds".


Studio Day 3 Evaluation:

Today I brainstormed with metaphor, spawning ideas from metaphor which is a different method of idea generation for myself. I also created an idea called 'Old Wounds' based on an image that inspired me. The story involves a man's fear of failure heightened by PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and therfore failing at a job interview after entering and episode of delirium and panic. This idea is very powerful, realistic and relatable for sufferers. Although I am yet to stick to 1 idea that I can develop further I have no shortage of creativity and must trust myself to work toward the moment where I am sure I have found a strong idea that I wish to create as well as possible. I am satisfied but very dissatisfied, but perhaps I am overthinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment