Saturday 28 September 2013

Animation Project : Part 1 of 2

First storyboard in process. My original idea "Detention"





Image of my "angry teacher" character for my 'Detention" idea.



Group idea generation.



Basic animation techniques in class. Told to draw an image representing "Zeitgeist".

Sketch of a character from a Pendleton Ward short before the creation of "Adventure Time"

Tracing of previous image - classroom activity.

More tracings and moving the subject - basic motion

Further tracings, of Kyles work this time. The idea was for this to either transform to or from the camera.

Idea generation within group work. Leonard the Ostrich, early idea sketch.

Further idea generation, setting sketch for introductory frame.








Interim Evaluation:

This week we entered the animation stage of our course. I generally felt uncomfortable with animation as I have no previous experience and was a tad apprehensive about what may be assigned to us. With Chris we tried idea generation through automated writing technique and had a brief look into stop-motion animation. Upon my research this week I have studied the history of animation and have also researched the principles of animation and studied further animators that provided me with entertainment already without me realising (Family Guy, Adventure Time etc.) I also have been exploring story structure and have reinforced to myself how imperative story is within film. We have been assigned into groups to create a 30 second animation for the following Friday. I have enjoyed learning about animation so far, but I have my concerns about how long our project will take to make. As a result of this I will scrutinize our time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment