Monday 10 February 2014

Freedom And Liberty: Part 2



Initially Importing sounds into logic, analysing each sound individually before edit. Dividing soundtrack where appropriate (above).


Creating reverberation for one of my sounds. Later replaced by a stronger reverb effect.

Trimming down more files where deemed appropriate.

Quote from William S.Burroughs - used to emphasise the lack of freedom on Cannabis.

Poignant quote from Bob Marley illustrating his drug choice being his personal freedom - inspired to include an excerpt of one of his songs within my soundpiece.

After importing Bob Marley's "Redemption Song" I cut my audio where appropriate before further manipulation.

Preliminary Microphaser effect added to my sound for reference. Later amended

Initial automation for reference - later amended.

Reverse effect added to vocal - later replaced.

Toggling with EQ for different points of emphasis within transitions.




Noise reduction added to my sound along with distortion for television recording.  Later amended and replaced.





Project Evaluation:

Since our interim crit I was able to create multiple detailed ideas for soundpieces and settled with my strongest one. I drew from personal experience and this enabled me to find something strong, along with deep conceptual and metaphorical meanings.
I decided to illustrate my perception of freedom through escapism. The form of escapism I used was the influence of weed (cannabis). My soundpiece was inspired by the "DMT Trip" scene from the movie "Enter The Void" After initially recording my sounds I also used some small excerpts of already existing songs, manipulating by applying different effects and tricking the audience into what they think they are hearing. I gathered my series of recordings from my natural surroundings (television programme, the lighter, smoking etc.) and the sound I used emphasizing the mental high being induced by recording my hoover and manipulating the sound with various effects. I thoroughly enjoyed this project and would maybe even go so far as to say it was my favourite as I appreciated the philosophical approach I was able to take with this particular brief.I technically learned more during the mixing process and gained significantly more knowledge on the software I'm using, and it's reliability in regards to certain affects for my audio files.  I also managed my time significantly better due to my last project and I would credit this to working alone. I also am happy with the standard of work I managed to produce in a time-efficient and stress-free manner. During the crit I received a great amount of praise from Andrew and Seb, I was particularly happy with Seb's analysis and positive feedback as naturally I would appreciate Seb's feedback due to him specializing in sound.


















No comments:

Post a Comment