Sunday 23 February 2014

Film Project (Continued) : Part 2




Notes and story breakdown of 'Paid In Full' - inspiration to my Sound Piece.

Breaking down acts and components of friendship in this particular situation.

Sound breakdown of an alternative idea - not as strong as my idea I chose but aesthetically would do well.

Further alternative ideas - aesthetically I am sure I could create the pieces well, but they lack a true emotional connection for myself when compared to my final choice.


Raw files and songs included - to create a motif.

Song 'Pound Cake' also used for Motif but with different effect.

Inititally Importing sounds, inspectiing each clip.

Analysing clips one by one, ensuring the quality is at the desired level and recordings have been captured properly.

Trimming clips where fit, keeping only the most valuable information within the audio.

Using the Solo feature for each channel I begin creating a rhythm using a series of my gathered audio.





Interim Evaluation:

Progressing from last week I decided to continue with my idea on money, friendships and jealousy, and how friendship can deteriorate due to various factors despite generating other ideas. I chose to continue with this idea as I felt the strongest emotional connection due to my own experiences. I began gathering some sounds but have since removed them and have started recording a different set of sounds as an alternative. In contrast to previous projects I am happy so far at how efficient I have been with my time and how I have left myself enough so that I can change my plans comfortably and still give my maximum level of effort. I have also looked further at tutorials and articles explaining EQ at great detail which has helped me to create space within my mixes for my pieces. With my new-found knowledge I have improved with my confidence and have been enabled to create  sounds I didn't know were possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment