Sunday 19 January 2014

Title Sequence: Part 2



Toggling clip speed for effective use. This clip was sped up to fit the rhythm emphasized by the soundtrack.



Choosing the right blue for tint. To use on all clips - fitted with the Heisenberg blue meth theme.

Clip with added blue tint. Adds a cold undertone to title sequence.



Test Export - trying to find best quality possible for playback.

Adding and positioning the credits appropriately - Breaking Bad Title Sequence.

Adding black and white tint to Memento footage in edit - using Adobe Premiere Pro CC - Adds reminsicent effect in perfect harmony with theme of the film.




Toggling through sounds and plugins trying to find the appropriate instruments for my Soundtrack.



Toggling the Philharmonik Audio Orchestral Plugin for Logic. Creating the soundtrack for Memento (Originally for Shawshank Redemption.)

Layering Strings for Memento soundtrack.

Assembling Props before filming.


Project Evaluation:

After the interim crit, Moses and I were pressed for time and had to get a move on things as quickly as possible. After I acquired the camera and equipment I was working on the soundtracks before we had started filming. This wasn't particularly difficult as Moses and I had already agreed on the theme  and mood of the audio to accompany the visuals. For Breaking Bad I used a tripod for some shots and hand held for some others, as the lens and environmental space didn't allow me to position a tripod in some areas. Although not ideal, it still turned out effectively and set up a series of POV shots for the audience to sink their teeth into. Using a 50mm manual lens was no easy feat but was achieved after all. In post production Moses and I made some important decisions on the certain items of emphasis and opted to create a blue tint and place it on all of the clips, creating a cold undertone and having another layer of meaning as it symbolises Heisenbergs' blue meth. I believe this title sequence was a success, especially with the amount of adversity we were faced with. During the crit, I recieved positive feedback, the only notable negative feedback being that Andrew thought the font at the end of the sequence was too large in comparison to the others. I will amend this as I agree with what he said upon further consideration. Memento was also well recieved despite the problems Moses and I faced from venue issues, eventually down to lack of props. I believe we showed true grit and determination to have this title sequence ready in time rather than turn up empty handed with an excuse. The feedback from the memento title sequence was that some of the letters/wording written on items were not entirely legible, and were not strong enough points of focus. I also concede this to be true and will amend this further to create a stronger title sequence. All sound included was non diegetic therefore pretty easy for me to deal with, but all the music/soundtracks were created completely in-house, no corners were cut within the creating and selection process.  This brief has helped me immensely as it forced me to become more familiar with editing visuals and also adding typography, of which I had no previous knowledge. This project also helped Moses and I to increase our levels of efficiency and organization, even when plan A fails. To improve in the future however I would still like to improve organization skills so the time constraint wouldn't be so strong and I am able to work in more comfort.





No comments:

Post a Comment