Sunday 19 January 2014

Title Sequence: Part 1



Stairs to be used for my title sequence. Recreation of Breaking Bad. Old and worn stairs perfect for scene.

Location used for filming.



Planning for Memento title sequence. Listed notions and phrases included in the film to enable as much cohesion as possible.






Another Breaking Bad title sequence. Animated typography is effective in green and glowing with the contrasted black background. The glow of the letters fits the chemical/scientific theme, however I don't know why it is green and not blue (Heisenberg signature meth) for instance.


Another Breaking Bad title sequence - basically a montage of old footage along with title credits. I found this a less effective title sequence as it contained many scenes that would be seen as 'spoilers' for the audience.



Initial Brainstorms for title sequence choices.



Idea generation for Shawshank redemption title sequence..



Idea generation and planning for One Hour Photo

Storyboard for One Hour Photo idea,



Storyboard for Memento Title Sequence.

Storyboard For Breaking Bad Title Sequence. Items included with Camera angles listed.

Interim Evaluation:

We were briefed to recreate title sequences from existing films/TV programmes for our project. After learning about title cards, we looked into the importance of type placement, and font choice, along with colour, contrast and theme when working with a relevant TV show/film. I believe we were given difficult choices to choose from, which brought everyone out of their comfort zones. The choice we had was Bollywood, Spaghetti Western, Thriller, TV drama and News Programmes. I opted to choose a Thriller and a TV drama. At this point in the project I was unsure on what Thriller I wanted to use, out of Shawshank Redemption (as suggested by my project partner Moses) Oldboy, One Hour Photo and Memento (which were personal favourites of mine), which I was excited to create a title sequence for as there isn't one in the actual film. Initially I found my idea generation extremely difficult, and forced myself to think visually rather than paying my main attention to sound. I was apprehensive at the prospect of creating and editing visuals, as my video editing knowledge wasn't particularly strong. However after a few days of idea generation, I had some strong ideas that were difficult to execute. After the interim crit I was given many ideas by peers within the crit and also helped by Andrew in terms of direction, idea development and visual referencing. The first week I found confusing but enjoyed this brief more than most we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment