Sunday 13 April 2014

FMP Week 2 : Studio Day 1



Relevant piece - secondary research for FMP.

Further relevant explanation of anxiety and self doubt - secondary research for FMP.



Scene from 'The Village' - watched for secondary research.





Studio Day 1:

This week is the 2nd allocated week of my research for my Final Major Project. I arranged further Primary research by interviewing my father, a councilor and thought it would be important to gain a professional perspective on anxiety & fear of failure and any contributing factors substances would have in these feelings. I also conducted further secondary research by reading Deepak Chopra's 'Self Power' book and found some useful information that I feel is relevant to my areas of study. I also watched some further films for secondary research, including 'The Village' and have many preliminary ideas flowing that I am eager to expand on in my upcoming idea generation week. We also were tasked with group work today, to create a piece/sculpture/installation due for Friday collaborating with one member from Media Production and 2 students from graphics. I am extremely annoyed at this task as I feel it is throwing me off and limiting the amount of research I can conduct. I believe our entire group sees this project as unnecessary but I still believe we have created a base conceptually that we can all expand on. Tomorrow I will record and start editing sounds, holding my end of the bargain and creating a sound piece depicting the fear of the mundane. This is partially relevant to my FMP and thus useful in the sense where I can use this as a practice exercise. I am enjoying the inspiration given to me by films and I am constantly seeing different ways in which fear can be portrayed as well as the different types. To me, 'The Village' expresses the fear of the unknown. Within sound I found the film useful as I was analytical about how suspense and tension was created through sound, the particular sounds, the pace and the spacing used.

No comments:

Post a Comment