Sunday 13 October 2013

Sound Project: Part 1 of 2

Introductory sound lecture given by Seb.

Edirol recorder used for gathering test shots in our assigned groups.

Sketchbook excerpt showing my original journey idea which has since been nixed after our crit session on Friday.

Lesson exercise - changing the sounds for the first Bladerunner scene and exploring the change in mood for the audience.




My Macbook Pro will be my tool for this project, and I will be working with Logic Pro to create my final piece.

I am using my SE USB microphone for this project also - small, reliable, durable, and hassle free - no interface required which is a bonus.

I covered my microphone with a thick ski-sock to act as a 2nd pop shield for recording.
Creating my football crowd for my project, layering numerous chants and voices with help from my friends.
Researching frequency response, previously mentioned by Seb in the introductory lecture.

Friday's interim crit session, where our preliminary ideas were discussed and analysed.









Interim Evaluation : 

For our sound project we have been briefed with the task of creating a 60 second audio piece telling the story of a journey, but without the luxury of dialogue to easily tell the audience what is occuring. I missed a lesson day which was not ideal but still worked from home on my idea. After some research, brainstorming and idea generation I decided to choose a story depicting a scenario where I pick up my drunk cousin from a house party and drop him home. I intended to add a comedic undertone, however on the day of our interim crit I learned of how many people were aiming to use a car in their idea for their journey and immediately decided to think of something else. After looking at my previous ideas I brainstormed even further and opted to aim to create a piece illustrating the walk of a football player from the tunnel onto the pitch. I aim to create all sounds from scratch and want to convey the emotion of excitement and anxiety that a football player would experience before a match. I chose this idea above my others as it is relevant to me, as I played football for a team in my youth and it has always been an experience I have imagined. This is proving quite daunting for me however as I am feeling the time constraints and have anxieties about creating some of the sounds, the football crowd in particular. Before attempting to create my own football crowd I watched the England vs Montenegro world cup qualifying match and paid extra attention to the crowd and the most notable noises I could hear.  During the past week I have learned the basics of sound in film and am able to understand diegetic and non-diegetic sound.
 







No comments:

Post a Comment